Self-care isn’t about the big picture all the time. Paying attention to the small actions is often easy to overlook, but it’s necessary to lay the foundations for self-care. When you focus on the little things you need to do to care for yourself, it’s easier to view that bigger picture. To help you get started, we made a self-care checklist you can print to make it easier.
How to Use Your Self-Care Checklist
Consider these self-care activities your foundational work for anything else you want to add. Other activities can include practicing a meditation session, going through a breathing exercise, or exercising for more than thirty minutes. Remember, self-care is whatever you want it to be. Here’s how to use this self-care checklist:
- Look at the entire list first thing in the morning. This will help you plan your day to make sure you include time for each activity.
- Prioritize the activities based on your current needs. Some days, you will have less time to tackle the list, make sure to start with the activities you feel will make the most difference.
- Check your progress in the middle of the day or during your lunch break to see how you’re doing.
- Finally, before bedtime, recheck your list and see what you missed. Make it a priority to complete those activities tomorrow.
How to Stick to Your Self-Care Checklist
Initially, marking off all the activities on your self-care checklist might be challenging. Remember, a week has 168 hours and seven days of new opportunities, don’t feel discouraged. If you’re committed to making this work, make sure you:
- Consider your time and set specific hours to complete these tasks.
- Set a realistic routine that can easily fit into your lifestyle.
- Start with the basics and work your way up to more complex activities.
- Check-in with yourself throughout the day or week to see if you need to re-assess your checklist.
Practicing self-care is an ongoing journey that keeps evolving with us. Keep this self-care checklist close to make sure you keep a reminder of the things that matter the most for your overall well-being.