Studies show that more than 60% of people gain weight when they go on vacation. While weight varies significantly from person to person, ranging from less than 1lb up to 7lbs per vacation, many find themselves fighting the battle to maintain their fitness while away.
Watch the video below for some tips on how to stay active on vacation, and keep reading to learn more.
Staying Active on Vacation
We get it. You’re going on vacation to take a break. That doesn’t mean you have to avoid physical activity altogether, though. No matter where you’re headed, there are ways to stay fit.
If You’re Headed to the Beach
If you’re headed to the tropical destination of your dreams with plans of lounging in the sun and are worried about how you’ll stay fit on your vacation, here are a few ideas:
- Take a long walk on the beach every morning. Walking on the sand is great for your muscles.
- Go swimming every day. Swimming is an excellent workout.
- See if there are any water sports offered at the beach or resort.
- Play beach volleyball.
If You’re Headed to the City
There are plenty of ways to stay active in any city. If you’re traveling domestic and you have a gym membership, see if there’s one in the area. If not, no worries, there are plenty of other activities to stay active:
- Take a walking tour of the city.
- Use a city-bike to get around instead of taxis or car services.
- Use the gym at your hotel.
- Spend a day shopping, walking around the mall.
If You’re Headed to the Mountains
Vacations in the mountains offer tons of opportunities to stay active. Whether it’s summer or winter, there’s plenty to do:
- Go hiking.
- If it’s winter-time, go skiing or snowboarding.
- Go mountain biking.
Most importantly, find activities that you enjoy. You’ll have fun staying fit, and it won’t seem like you’re sacrificing your vacation for a workout.