The year 2020 has been challenging for all of us, but again, it has presented us with an opportunity to learn new things, have new experiences, and learn valuable life lessons. We have also seen human resilience and ingenuity-two innate qualities that help us solve and see ourselves through any big problems.
For instance, today, you don’t have to have your friends and family over at your house to have a great time. You can have fun and maintain relationships online. Miss your friends and wish they were around you? How about having a virtual party? In this piece, we are going to look at how you can celebrate holidays digitally in 2020. Read through to learn some awesome virtual party ideas that will make your holidays memorable.
What Are Virtual Holiday Parties?
Virtual holiday parties are online events that allow you to bring together a wider audience to interact in a virtual environment on the web, rather than meeting physically. They present an opportunity to make new kinds of memories in new kinds of ways. As we are approaching the 2020 holiday season, virtual parties can effectively help us connect with our families and friends that we can’t meet due to physical or social distances.
Why Hold Virtual Holiday Parties? Here Are Some Benefits
As we are approaching the 2020 holiday season, virtual parties can effectively connect with our families and friends that we can’t meet due to physical or social distances. Here are some of the benefits of virtual parties.
1. Everyone Can Attend
Your friends and family don’t have to be physically present to have a great time. They don’t have to get on a plane or stay in a hotel. Virtual parties let people attend who otherwise might not be able to.
2. They Offer New Experiences
It may seem weird at first if you aren’t used to them. But virtual holiday parties can be really fun. It doesn’t take long for everyone to get comfortable and contribute something towards making the event enjoyable.
3. People Get to Have Fun and Contribute
Holidays are the perfect time to forget about the pressure and stress of work, school, and life in general. Virtual parties are a great way to have a nice time with your friends no matter where they are. There are several online games and activities that you and your friends can engage in to make your online party even more fun.
4. They Strengthen Connections
Virtual holiday parties help maintain strong and natural connections with friends and loved ones you can’t meet in person for various reasons, such as the current movement restrictions due to coronavirus.
How to Host Online Virtual Parties: A Quick Guide
To make your online holiday parties memorable, you will need to do a few things. Here are some tips to guide you through:
1. Plan in Advance
Always plan to avoid a last-minute rush. Give people advanced notice so they can prepare and make time for your party. You don’t want friends to miss your party because you failed to inform them early enough.
2. Have a Goal
What do you want to achieve? Do you want to have fun? Is it someone’s birthday and you want them to have a great time? Do you want to raise awareness of an issue? When planning for an online holiday party, it is important to decide on your main objective of having the party.
3. Consider a Theme and a Name for Your Party
This will automatically add an element of fun to your virtual party. Creating a name for your event is a good idea because you can document how it went and refer back to future events.
4. Suggest a Dress Code
Create more fun by having a dress code for the party you are going to host. Encourage your friends to express themselves so they can have as much fun as possible with their ensembles. Everything from ugly sweaters to formal attire can work for a virtual holiday party.
Organize Your Activities
Know who is responsible for what, have a list of the interests of people you invited, and have a schedule for each activity. This will help you to keep up with time and know who’s running the activities.
1. Send Invitations
Once you know where you’re hosting the party, the time, and the theme, it becomes easier to create and send your invitations. If you want people to show up, consider setting your events on evenings and weekends.
2. Include Everyone
Since the internet has no shortage of resources for managing large virtual parties to the maximum effect, be sure to involve everyone interested in the platform.
3. Make It More Interactive
Keep up the energy by encouraging everyone to engage in interactive activities like fun games to make them enjoy the party. Some examples of fun games for virtual parties include Virtual Holiday Bingo, The Naughty List, Virtual Gingerbread Wars, and Christmas Find Out Who.
Virtual Holiday Party Ideas
So you want to have a virtual holiday party, but you have no idea what to base it on? Worry not. Here are some great virtual party ideas you might want to consider.
- Celebrating achievements: Show your team members and employees that you’re proud of all their accomplishments by hosting a virtual event that will acknowledge individual efforts. This will make them feel that they’re a part of the team.
- Workout party: It can be tough to motivate yourself to workout at home, but a little support can go a long way. You can team up with your usual gym mates and get your pump on with some online classes or apps.
- Virtual dance party: Host a stylish and festive event for everyone by scheduling a dance party. Zumba classes are always fun and can be an excellent way to relieve stress. Create that communal playlist and get moving.
- Cocktail party: You can enjoy a delicious drink together with your mates by booking a cocktail party. A virtual bartender host will lead the group through lessons to mix up two seasonally appropriate cocktails, followed by games and social time.
- Create a holiday playlist: Well, there’s no party without music. Holiday Playlist is a virtual holiday party activity that allows remote team members to choose the music. Everyone is a DJ when it comes to virtual parties.
- Hold a virtual holiday karaoke: Host a virtual holiday karaoke party by creating a playlist, sending out cute invites, and letting the festive good times flow. You’ll need to use Zoom to share your browser with your guests for better interaction.
- Music jam sessions: Make sure to plan a blowout jam session for your guests. You can also play instruments, while others sing along.
A virtual holiday party can be the perfect way to wrap up the year. Hopefully, the tips and ideas listed in this article will help you throw a festive and memorable online party that will unite and excite your family and friends.